Maple Grove, MN, USA
8:00 AM to 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
About the Role:
The Extrusion Technician’s main job purpose is to work cross-functionally and operate plastic extrusion equipment and to manufacture custom and complex medical tubing according to specifications following quality standards in order to meet production and/or development demands by performing the following duties.
What you’ll be doing
- Setup, and operate the extrusion equipment according to approved parameters for the item(s) to be manufactured.
- Adjust tooling as required to produce extrusions that meets the specifications.
- Adjust processing parameters as allowed within the approved range(s) in order to maintain the product within the approved specification.
- Inspect product according to approved methods and standards using approved equipment.
- Collect and package product according to approved standards and deliver to the next station listed on the work order.
- Observe machine operation to detect work-piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Complete paperwork and enter data in a computer
- Methods (where applicable), and remove tooling in preparation for the next work order to be processed.
- Confer with management to address and resolve problems, Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Assist in training of other operators
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- 7-10 years (s) experience in medical extrusion environment.
- Ability to work from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to navigate computer applications: Like basic functions in Excel, including navigating to files, data input, copy & paste, and sums
- Experience with , gauges, torque wrenches
- Basic math
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Direct experience on an extruder is preferred.
Preferred skills & experience:
- Military service in a technical background –OR– Associate’s Degree in engineering, plastics technology or equivalent combination of education/work experience in related discipline.
- Self-motivated to seek out opportunities to improve business performance.
- Execute validation plans and compile data
- Quality inspection experience, including experience identifying and resolving product quality issues
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Familiarity with SolidWorks
- Experience working in and navigating computer applications; ability to perform basic functions in Excel, including navigating to files, data input, copy & paste and sums.
- Strong mathematical aptitude, such as ability to calculate flow rate and take measurements of circumference.
- Experience with Vacuum Extrusions.
- Provides mentorship and training to more junior technicians.
- Experience with R&D extrusions, development of new processes and specifications.
- Catheter-related Medical Device Manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Manage tooling and Equipment for extrusion department. Order tooling and, obtain quotes for new tooling fixtures