Medical Extrusion Technology
One Medical Extrusions technical and engineering expertise provides with the skills to extrude a wide range of materials, diameters, thickness, and tolerances. This allows us to offer a custom extrusion solution specific to your extrusion requirements.
We offer a comprehensive range of extrusion processes including the following:
Multi-Layer (Co-extrusion & Trilayer) Tubing
A tri-layer extrusion is a single-lumen tube comprised of three discrete layers. Our team designs and manufactures a wide range of three-layer material combinations. These combinations can include, but are not limited to:
- Tie-Layer Material
- Multi-layered medical tubing
Tri-layer structure allows the extrusion to have unique characteristics throughout the tube:
- Lubricious ID: Inner layer material having a low coefficient of friction
- Lubricious OD: Outer layer material having a low coefficient of friction
- Physical Properties: Layer Materials can be tailored to increase burst strength, decrease elongation or improve tensile strength.
- Bendability: Outer layer material that allows for bonding to other polymeric materials or Ink.
- Tri-Layer: Tri-layer tubing provides two non-compatible materials with the ability to bond together.
- Encapsulation: Encapsulate a radiopaque or filled resin between two unfilled resin layers.
- Tri-Layer Bump Tubing: Allows two individual outer and inner diameters within the same tubing.
OD sizes typically range from 0.4mm to 4mm.
Typical tolerance +/- 0.015mm. As material changes so can tolerances.
Typical testing: Tensile, elongation, burst pressure, wall measurement, and delamination are all available on-site.
Solid Rod/Mandrel Extrusions
Solid rod thermoplastic extrusions are used as mandrels to assist in the reprocessing of catheters, as push rods, and to deploy implantable devices in catheter shafts, among other applications.
We can produce custom solid plastic rod extrusions in numerous configurations, including crescent or half-moon shapes, tapered plastic mandrels, and square profiles. We can manufacture solid plastic rod extrusions from a wide range of materials, including HDPE, Nylon, and other high-lubricity thermoplastics that aid in the removal of plastic mandrel devices.