Maple Grove, MN, USA
8:00 AM to 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
About the Role:
The Extrusion Technician’s main job purpose is to set up and operate plastic extrusion equipment and to manufacture custom and complex medical tubing according to specifications following quality standards in order to meet production and/or development demands by performing the following duties.
What you’ll be doing
- Setup, and operate the extrusion equipment according to approved parameters for the item(s) to be manufactured.
- Adjust tooling as required to produce extrusions that meets the specifications.
- Adjust processing parameters as allowed within the approved range(s) in order to maintain the product within the approved specification.
- Inspect product according to approved methods and standards using approved equipment.
- Collect and package product according to approved standards and deliver to the next station listed on the work order.
- Observe machine operation to detect work-piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Complete paperwork and enter data in a computer
- Methods (where applicable), and remove tooling in preparation for the next work order to be processed.
- Confer with management to address and resolve problems, Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- 0-2 years (s) experience operating a machine in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read work instructions and drawings
- Basic math
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to left 50 pounds at times, pushing and pulling
- Reliable and always on time.
- Direct experience on an extruder is preferred. Any experience with including operation of hand tools, gauges, torque wrenches is very helpful, but not required.